The trend for eco-friendly homes is on the rise according to the National Association of Home Builders:
- One in three home builders claim that more than 60% of their current projects are environmentally friendly. More than half of home builders anticipate that by 2020 they will be doing that level of green work.
- Builders doing home remodelling report a significant hike in the amount of green work being carried out. By 2020, two and a half times the number of remodelers expect to be doing 60% eco-upgrades.
If you are looking for trends in green homes, Florida is on the cutting edge:
1. The internet of things has moved into eco-homes. 2017 sees more and more smart technology monitor, analyse, and manage the working of your home. Devices can control and automate heating, lighting, and HVAC systems to save power usage. Appliances such as washers, and dryers, refrigerators and ovens can be remotely monitored and controlled.
2. Smart windows include heat-sensor window treatments which automatically open or close to accommodate your preset temperature preferences.
3. Daylight harvesting uses motorized shades to maximizes natural light.
4. “Put a cork in it” does not have negative meaning anymore. Rather, it is an ethical and sustainable material increasingly selected by designers and architects.
5. Not new, but newly more affordable, renewable energy systems such as solar and wind driven systems continue to trump the use of fossil fuels.
6. Recycling is the cornerstone of going green. By salvaging materials for repurposing in your home, you add a touch of history, and save the planet at the same time.
The Ocean Team Realtors
To find the green home of your dreams, it is best to get expert advice and listings that you will not come across online or elsewhere. For more information on Florida property investment in Trinity, FL, contact The Ocean Team today.