- Seal and insulate – Homes with sealed gaps and cracks in the attic and basement and around windows and doors will be more energy efficient.
- Buy energy-efficient appliances - Look for the Energy Star label when you're shopping for home items.
- Modify lighting – Homes with light bulbs that use less electricity will be more energy efficient.
- Skylights – Homes with efficiently installed skylights create more natural light and the use of electrical lights will be reduced.
- Local appliances – Choose eco-friendly homes with eco-friendly products that use the minimum amount of energy.
- Maintaining equipment – Make sure that a licensed expert checks the heating and cooling systems annually.
- Electricity cables – Ensure that all the electricity cables in and around the house are properly installed and there are no live wires that may cause injury or shorts.
- Materials used – The materials used to build and maintain the house should be eco-friendly to save energy and keep the environment around your home clean and energy efficient.
- Paint – Paint the house in a light color: this will eliminate the overuse of lights as a light paint will ensure natural light in the house, in turn creating better energy efficiency.
The Ocean Team in Trinity, FL will make sure your home is energy efficient
We, at The Ocean Team, offers creative sales strategies, aggressive and innovative marketing plans, and we maintain a vast network of industry professionals. Our slogan is: “Conserving the oceans we love, protecting the planet we need!”
For more information about green homes in Florida, give us a call today!